It’s time once again for the monthly chore chart. Most of these are taken from the amazing Get Organized Now. Every month they create a checklist of the household tasks that often slip our minds. They even offer a printable version that allows you to check back on past months in case you need to play catch up.
What I like to do is map out all the tasks that apply to me from the list and plot them on my calendar. Then I fill in the empty spots on my calendar with other tasks I have to do, like going to the eye doctor of chapel duty.
Some of my top tasks for February from the checklist include:
- February 3: Start ordering seed and landscaping catalogs. I’m a huge fan of White Flower Farm and Burpee. My husband has been gleefully drawing up plans for our outdoors. Keep that in mind when you see what I’ll be blogging about this spring/summer. You may visit sites like https://southernpalmetto.com/ to get an idea about landscaping.
- February 7: Call an accountant or make sure you’re organizing all those tax documents. There’s some changes to the tax code so if you plan on filling out forms yourself make sure your supplier has the latest versions.
- February 13: It’s National Clean Out Your Computer Day. I’m not sure you can tell your work you can’t come in because of this holiday but take this as a time to delete all those files you don’t need, print all those photos you do need, and make sure your machine is up-to-date on antivirus software.
- February 19: Time to start planning those summer vacations! Check out my travel site TravelHyper for ideas. I have $500 and $1000 trips so you don’t break the bank. With tax time you should look at your budget and see what you can afford.
- February 21: Make a big feast for Fat Tuesday.
- February 26: Work on repairs. Need some home repairs? Consider hiring professional handyman services to come out and fix things up before they get busy in the spring. This is also a great time to schedule professional plumbers for a drain cleaning service to avoid frequent clogging in your pipes. They have access to tools such as Pipe Test Equipment that allows them to thoroughly test pipes and drains in order to more effectively locate the issue.
What’s your must-do task for February?