It’s time once again for the monthly chore chart. I mentioned back in December how I fell in love with Get Organized Now. Every month they create a checklist of the household tasks that often slip our minds. They even offer a printable version that allows you to check back on past months in case you need to play catch up (here’s December’s list if you need it).
What I like to do is map out all the tasks that apply to me from the list and plot them on my calendar. Then I fill in the empty spots on my calendar with other tasks I have to do, like ordering blinds or scheduling doctor’s visits.
Some of my top tasks for January from the checklist include:
- January 1: Clean the outside of the fridge. Don’t forget to scrub the water and ice dispenser if you have one.
- January 3: Make a list of all the birthday and anniversary cards to send for the year. Mark them on the calendar and stock up on your next shopping trip.
- January 4: Wash all your throws and blankets around the house and reassess how you organize them. My husband just got me an awesome blanket basket from Ghana for Christmas so I’m already a step ahead on this one.
- January 8: Clean your linen closet and dispose of any old ones. January is a month for linen sales so watch the ads and stock up on anything that needs replacing.
- January 14: Pull out the crock pot and do some bulk cooking. The checklist suggests spaghetti sauce but you can do chicken breasts or chili if you have plenty of sauce already.
- January 23: Happy Chinese New Year! It’s the Year of the Dragon. Consider making a big Chinese dinner tonight or having a Chinese potluck with friends. If you’re from St. Louis, consider buying tickets for the Chinese lantern festival coming up at the Missouri Botanical Gardens.
- January 30: Inventory all the winter clothing you’ve warn so far. If you haven’t worn a coat or sweater yet this season then consider donating them to Goodwill or another local charity.
What’s your must-do task for January?