It’s Christmas cookie season and I’ve been baking up a storm. I took my usual recipe and doubled it to make over 5 dozen cookies. Then I added some mini Reese’s pieces and chocolate chips for a cookie that really hits the spot. Whether you make these cookies for Santa, a friend, or yourself, these are sure to hit the spot.
Can you take a recipe claiming to be The Best Peanut Butter Cookies and make them even better? I've adapted one of my favorite recipes to have even more peanut butter goodness.
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large egg
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup mini Reese's pieces
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream peanut butter, shortening and brown sugar. Add egg; mix well.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the chips.
- Scoop by the tablespoon onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.